Someone asked me, "YOU KEEP TELLING ME TO RELY ON GOD. HOW DO I PRACTICALLY DO THIS?"
Let me share some few tips of how I manage to daily rely on the Lord.
- I READ (I like to read out loud) and MEDITATE on the WORD OF GOD. It is imperative that you know who God really is. HE IS THE WORD. " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."(John 1:1). GOD IS HIS WORD. His word will reveal His attributes, names, deeds, and the depth of His sovereignty to you. My advice is that you eat the words, so that it lives in you. Keep them in your heart by reciting it often, YOU WILL NEED THEM IN TIME OF NEED.
- I BELIEVE what I read, without any shadow of doubt. Especially, that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and rose again on the 3rd day, & He is seated at the right hand of the father interceding for me.
- I BELIEVE also that "the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."(Hebrews 4:12 -13). As you believe you build up your faith, because the Bible says: "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ."
- I PERSONALISE the words I read. I make them my own. I take them as God's promises to me, & I remind him always about it. For his word says in Jeremiah 1:12b "for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.” This is my reason for saying you should eat the words, for you will get to know that God is indeed a covenant keeper!
- I love singing hymns and spiritual songs. They also help build and increase my faith.
So, dear friend, it will not be what the world or situations around you depicts or dictates, but what the word of God says is what you believe. Permit me to illustrate with this scenario: Granting that everything around you (medically & humanly) points to the fact that you are dying. In fact, you have been declared clinically dead! Someway, somehow as you lie there in this state of unconsciousness, the word of God you have kept in your heart keeps reverberating in your heart - "I will not die but live to proclaim what the Lord has done."(Ps118:17). At this point, all you have is God. What or who will you believe? Will you claim and hold Him to His promise? or give up. Remember, giving up is not an option. I CLAIMED AND HELD ON TO HIS PROMISE, and HERE I AM, ALIVE TODAY! Here I am, declaring the mighty deeds of God, through His son my Lord Jesus, The Christ.
So, my dear friend, reliance on God is not by mouth, or empty rhetoric, but by faith, which leads to actions, born out of a deep conviction that GOD’S GRACE ALONE CAN SAVE YOU in all situations, through His son Jesus, the Christ.
Be inspired to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour.
MHB 478: Stanza 1
JESUS, my Savior, Brother, Friend, On Whom I cast my every care, On Whom for all things I depend, Inspire, and then accept, my prayer.